George Soros and Prof. Joseph Stiglitz will be visiting Sri Lanka in the next few days for discussions on economic and political paths at the highest levels. Their visits are a consolidation of American ‘patronage’ of the Yahapalanaya government marked by preceding visits from John Kerry and Samantha Power, heavyweights in the USA government. Both Soros and Stiglitz are controversial figures, subject to searing criticism from right-wing currents in USA as well as (2) left-wing intellectuals with grounded insights into the operations of the US government and (3) nationalists in the old colonized countries who are wary of the machinations of those so-called ’international’ agencies’ who espouse R2P interventions in support of human rights in ways that seem to complement USA’s agendas.
The line of protest voiced by those pressing allegation 3 above is presented below in Item B by “Patriot” taken from Lankaweb on 2nd January. It is preceded by Item A, a short MEMO on the run (Blackberry) from the Canadian lawyer-intellectual Christopher Black in response to my query inspired by Item B.
Dear Chris, ………………. Are these warnings re Soros [Patriot’s article} justified? Can you please clarify the indication [Black’s previous exchanges with Roberts — way back in 2015] that Soros has CIA funds and the seeming contradiction between that claim because the Soros enterprises are OSTENSIBLY left-wing? ….. Michael
Michael, …………………. There is a lot of material on Soros on the net. He is not left [ Left wing radical] – [rather] he is just a swindler with great wealth who destroys any country he chooses to make money in. He supports NGOs who take apart socialist economies to replace them with economies dominated by big capital … and he is closely connected to United States’ Government and all its services. …………….. Chris
Patriot: “What Sri Lankans must know about George Soros,” 2 January 2016, ….. http://www.lankaweb.com/news/items/2016/01/02/what-sri-lankans-must-know-about-george-soros/
The Sri Lanka Economic Forum is to be held under auspices of the Sri Lankan Prime Minister on 7 January 2015. Chief Guests at this event are George Soros and Prof. Joseph Stiglitz. The theme of the event is “steering Sri Lanka towards sustainable and inclusive development-PM Ranil Wickremasinghe’s agenda for development’. Do the people of Sri Lanka know who George Soros actually is?
George Soros & Open Society Foundation: Soros runs a global empire of NGOs promoting “human rights” “freedom” “democracy” & “transparency” to cover institutional crimes in collaboration with neo-conservatives of the US State Department-funded National Endowment for Democracy & subsidiaries.
- Yasmin Sooka’s report against Sri Lanka was funded by George Soros Open Society Foundation and at the end of her report she thanks the organization
- The Google balloon over Sri Lanka “Google Loon Project” is also a George Soros project. Associated with the project and representing the US intelligence community is Dr. Bhavani Thuraisingham Executive Director of Cyber Security Research and Education Institute which is sponsored by George Soros’s Raytheon. Google’s balloon design partner and manufacturer is Raven Aerostar also owned by George Soros.
- Open Society Institute launched in 1993 funds left wing causes. Soros has given over $7billion to such causes that include ACORN, Apollo Alliance, National Council of La Raza, Tides Foundation, Huffington Post, Planned Parenthood, National Organization for Women.
- Yugoslavia – Soros Open Society gave $100m to fund anti-Milosevic opposition (funding political parties, publishing houses and ‘independent’ media)
- Hague Tribunal co-financed by Soros
- Human Rights Watch owned by Soros
- Global Centre for Responsibility to Protect (R2P) funded by Soros (Gareth Evan, Kofi Annan, Desmond Tutu all on its Board)
- Soros on Board of Trustees in International Crisis Group
- Soros, CIA and other entities have been responsible for regime change, colored revolutions in Ukraine, Tunisia, Georgia, Kyrgyszstan, Iran, Hungary, Venezuela, Syria, Egypt, Serbia, Mexico, Jordan, Cuba and now Sri Lanka,
- Accused of manipulating currencies – Malaysia’s Mahathir Mohamed accused Soros of bringing down Malaysias currency through Soros trading activities. Thailand refers to Soros as ‘eonomic war criminal’. Soros is also known as the ‘man who broke the Bank of England’ by dumping 10billion pounds to devalue the currency.
- The Media Research Center, in 2011, found that he spent $48 million in funds for: NBC, ABC, the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Columbia Journalism Review, ProPublica, the Center for Public Integrity, the Center for Investigative Reporting, The Lens, the Columbia School of Journalism, the National Federation of Community Broadcasters, the National Association of Hispanic Journalists, the Committee to Protect Journalists, the Organization of News Ombudsmen, National Public Radio, the Pacifica Foundation, The American Prospect Inc. (the owner and publisher of The American Prospect magazine), the Nation Institute, the Media Fund, the Independent Media Center, the Independent Media Institute, Media Matters For America, and Free Press.
- George Soros NGOs commissioned Serbian regime change specialist group, Canvas, to recruit Macedonian students to push for protest ideas, with the best two winning $1,500 for betraying their nation http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/leaked-memo-shows-soros-ngos-payed-macedonian-students-1500-come-regime-change-ideas/ri7179
- How France and Soros are funding regime change in Africa http://www.thelondoneveningpost.com/features/how-france-and-soros-are-funding-regime-change-in-africa/
- George Soros spent $33 million bankrolling Ferguson demonstrators to create ‘echo chamber’ and drive national protests http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2913625/Billionaire-George-Soros-spent-33MILLION-bankrolling-Ferguson-demonstrators-create-echo-chamber-drive-national-protests.htmlIn spite of all the dirty tricks and games George Soros is part of should we be even surprised that Ranil & his Government are delighted to host him in Sri Lanka clueless about what Soros plan’s are for South Asia using Sri Lanka as the foothold?
- Is there anything more to say when Russia kicks out George Soros declaring his charity (Open Society Institute) a national security threat? https://www.rt.com/politics/323919-soros-foundation-recognized-as-undesirable/
- In spite of all the dirty tricks and games George Soros is part of should we be even surprised that Ranil & his Government are delighted to host him in Sri Lanka clueless about what Soros plan’s are for South Asia using Sri Lanka as the foothold?Lankaweb
Useful Stooges: “Joe Stiglitz, Soros’ ‘point man’,” 20 October 2015. http://usefulstooges.com/2015/10/20/joe-stiglitz-soros-point-man/
Yesterday we started looking at Joseph Stiglitz, the massively influential Columbia University economist who derides “American-style capitalism” while preaching government intervention as the key to prosperity. We ended up by stating that while Stiglitz has been called a liberal, it really makes more sense to call him a socialist. Why? The Socialist International Commission on Global Financial Issues. Stiglitz can be seen along the right side of the table, leaning forward, between the windows
Well, to begin with, quite simply, he’s a card-carrying member of the Socialist International. In 2008, he chaired a Socialist International commission charged with “tackling the global financial crisis.” The commission’s other members included not just socialists but out-and-out Communists from around the world.
Stiglitz is also a fervent enthusiast for the UN, a supporter for a dramatic increase in its power, and an advocate for the view that the U.S. and other sovereign states should be subordinated to that power. He’s one of those people who believe, perversely, that when you scrape together the (at best) dicey representatives of a hundred or so corrupt, poor, unfree, incompetently managed nations and pack them into a building on First Avenue in Manhattan, they magically turn into a body of wise, noble, upright sages who are equipt to restructure the world order – and reorder the world economy. Among the UN officials with whom Stiglitz has closely collaborated is Miguel D’Escoto, a hard-line Marxist who was foreign minister for the Communist Sandinista regime in Nicaragua, who won the USSR’s Lenin Peace Prize, who’s an outspoken enemy of both the U.S. and Israel, who has publicly hugged Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad – and who, a few years back, appointed Stiglitz “to chair a high-level U.N. task force to review the global financial system.”
Miguel D’Escoto: As great as Stiglitz’s enthusiasm for the UN is his contempt for the International Monetary Fund. In his 2002 book Globalization and Its Discontents, accordingto Irwin M. Stelzer, Stiglitz “almost equates the consequences of policy failures by the International Monetary Fund with the consequences of Nazi Germany’s final solution.” What, in Stiglitz’s view, needs to be done to fix the IMF? Easy: give more power to the African countries that are the chief beneficiaries of its largesse. As Stelzer put it, “in a perfect world it would be sensible to confer more power on the recipients of IMF assistance so that the funds might be deployed more effectively. But we don’t live in that world. Ours is one in which kleptocratic African regimes impoverish their nations with a combination of misrule, military adventures, and policies that discourage inward investment.”
George Soros: Then there’s Stiglitz’s connection to George Soros, the far-left multibillionaire who is actively seeking to use his wealth to transform the world – and, not least, as we’ve seen in previous posts on this site, diminish American power and American freedom. Soros, as Cliff Kincaid has observed, “wants to phase out the U.S. dollar as the international reserve currency and bring the U.S. into a system of international socialism, with new and more powerful global agencies deciding our economic and financial fate.” And who is Soros’s “point man” on this alarming project? None other than Joe Stiglitz – who, as head of a Soros-funded NGO called the Initiative for Policy Dialogue, is fighting for the institution of “a new international currency” and of an international taxation system.
Yes, you read that right: an international taxation system.
Brief Comment on Item C by Chris Black, dated 4 January 2016
Who has written this bizarre blog that tells such stupidities? Stiglitz a
member of the “socialist international” (what is that–it does not exist).
He is an economist with some liberal ideas but he is no leftist and for
any one to write that Soros is an agent of the socialists is more than
absurd. Must be written by people who are even further right that Soros-in fact it must be written then by Nazis.
Christopher Black Forum Speech on Video: “The Criminalisation of International Justice,” at the World Public Forum – Dialogue of Civilizations, published on Nov 24, 2014 http://wpfdc.org http://rhodesforum.org
Christopher Black n. d. “NATO Forces behind International Criminal Tribunal in The Hague,” http://www.iacenter.org/folder04/nato_black.htm
Corbett Report 2014 “Interview 891 – Christopher Black Destroys the Myth of the Rwandan “Genocide,” https://www.corbettreport.com/interview-891-christopher-black-destroys-the-myth-of-the-rwandan-genocide/
Olivia Ward 2014 “Canadian lawyer wins legal battle over Rwanda charges,” 16 February 2014,http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2014/02/16/canadian_lawyer_wins_legal_battle_over_rwanda_charges.html
Andrew Bieszad 2015 “International War Criminal, Terrorist, and Genocide Architect George Soros Angry At Poland For Threatening His Power,” 18 December 2015, http://shoebat.com/2015/12/18/international-war-criminal-terrorist-and-genocide-architect-george-soros-angry-at-poland-for-threatening-his-power/
Richard Gowan 2015 “A Hardline R2P Interventionist? An American Analyst’s Interpretation of Samantha Power,” 22 November 2015, https://thuppahi.wordpress.com/2015/11/22/a-hardline-r2p-interventionist-an-american-analysts-assessment-of-samantha-power-in-april-2014/#more-18552
Wayne Madsen 2015 “Does George Soros control the Obama White House?’ 21 May 2015 http://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2015/05/21/does-george-soros-control-the-obama-white-house.html
Christopher Black & Edward S. Herman 2000 “An Unindicted War Criminal. Louise Arbour and the International Crimes Tribunal,” Feb. 2000, http://www.whale.to/c/unindicted_war_criminal.html
Gerald H. Peiris 2010 “The Doctrine of Responsibility to Protect: Impulses, Implications and Impact,” 30 June 2010, reprinted in https://thuppahi.wordpress.com/2015/11/20/the-responsibility-to-protect-and-external-interventions-in-the-sri-lankan-conflict/
Michael Roberts 2014 “Sturdy Advocacy: Marga’s Questioning of the UNPoE’s Assassination Job,” 25 November 2009, https://thuppahi.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=18544&action=edit&postpost=v2
Gunatilleke Q and A with Ratnawall: 2014 “International Pressures & Island Fissures: Gunatilleke faces Ratnawalli,” 5 November 2015, https://thuppahi.wordpress.com/2015/11/05/international-pressures-island-fissures-gunatilleke-faces-ratnawalli/
Greg Sheridan 2015a “No Sermons from the Ludicrous UNHCR Please,” 12 November 2015, https://thuppahi.wordpress.com/2015/11/12/no-sermons-from-the-ludicrous-unhcr-please/
Greg Sheridan 2015b “Disasters from Western Action and R2P in the Middle East,” 19 November 2015, https://thuppahi.wordpress.com/2015/11/19/disasters-from-western-action-and-r2p-in-the-middle-east-when-will-we-ever-learn/
Michael Roberts: “Lilliputs in a World of Giants: Marga and CHA bat for Lanka in the Propaganda War, 2009-14,” 18 November 2015, https://thuppahi.wordpress.com/2015/11/18/lilliputs-in-a-world-of-giants-marga-and-cha-bat-for-lanka-in-the-propaganda-war-2009-14/#more-18467