Left to right – Standing: Messrs R. W. E. de Vos, Vyvil Loudowyk, Fred Bastiansz, E. F. C. Ludowyk Jnr., R. A. de Vos, Bubsy Austin, E. F. C. Ludowyk Snr, W. Colin-Thomé, Dudley de Kretser, Arthur Arndt, Bertie Toussaint
Seated: Miss Mina de Vos, Miss E. Koch, Mrs Glen Altendorf, Mrs Bertie Joseph, Mrs R. A. de Vos, Mrs Bertie Toussaint, Miss Rita Kale, Mrs E. F. C. Ludowyk, Mrs W. Colin-Thomé, Mrs Dudley de Kretser, Mrs Bessie Bartholomeusz,
Seated on ground: Earnleigh de Krester, Miss Owen Ludowyk, Miss Ina de Zilwa, Miss Mabel Arndt, Miss Mavis Ludowyk, Miss Dagmar Toussaint, Francis Toussaint.
A NOTE: I discovered this photograph mounted on cardboard in my Mss depository, but cannot recollect how i got it . …. possibly from Rene Ludowyk or Percy Colin-Thomé, The latter would have been the one who identified the personnel for the details inserted i with the image in my sister’s book, Galle As Quiet as Asleep.
- Joe Simpson: “Appreciating Galle in Its Quietness and Pastness, 18 May 2017, https://thuppahi.wordpress.com/2017/05/18/appreciating-galle-in-its-quietness-and-its-pastness/
- Lam Seneviratne: “Tennis in Sri Lanka: Halcyon Days, 1915–1990,” 3 May 2016, https://thuppahi.wordpress.com/2016/05/03/tennis-in-sri-lanka-halcyon-days-1915-1990/
- Michael Roberts: “Nostalgic Pictorial Excursions in and around My Galle Fort,” 27 November 2015, https://thuppahi.wordpress.com/2015/11/27/nostalgic-pictorial-excursions-in-and-around-my-galle-fort/
- Michael Roberts: “Donald Friend’s Imagining of Galle fort and Port in the 1890s,” 20 October 2010, https://thuppahi.wordpress.com/2010/10/20/donald-friend%E2%80%99s-imagining-of-galle-fort-and-port-during-the-1890s/
- “Galle Fort in British Times,” 31 May 2014 https://thuppahi.wordpress.com/2014/05/31/galle-fort-in-british-times/
- “When JR and Banda ‘batted’ together for Nomads Tennis Club in 1926: A Piece of Social History,” 29 October 2016, https://thuppahi.wordpress.com/2016/10/29/when-jr-and-banda-batted-for-ceylon-together-in-1926-a-piece-of-social-history/
- “Janaka Goonetileke’s Atapattu Walauwwa,” 29 October 2012, https://thuppahi.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/janaka-goonetilekes-atapattu-walawwa/
- Tissa Devendra: ” Jews who left their footprint in Island Lanka,” 17 April 2017, https://thuppahi.wordpress.com/?p=24977&preview=true