Category Archives: tolerance
- “Galle Fort in Better Light. Images from a Professional Juliet Coombe,” 21 January 2018, https://thuppahi.wordpress.com/2018/01/21/galle-fort-in-better-light/
- “The Fort of Galle: Images Past and Present,” 24 January 2018, https://thuppahi.wordpress.com/2018/01/24/the-fort-of-galle-images-past-and-present/May 2014,
- “Burgher Tennis Club in Galle, circa 1928,” 29 June 2017, https://thuppahi.wordpress.com/2017/06/29/burgher-tennis-club-in-galle-circa-1928/
- “Galle Fort in British Times,” 31 May 2014, https://thuppahi.wordpress.com/2014/05/31/galle-fort-in-british-times/
- “Wedding Bells in Galle Fort,” 21 January 2018, https://thuppahi.wordpress.com/2018/01/21/wedding-bells-in-galle-fort/
James Mettyear, in The CRICKET MONTHLY of ESPN, 27 December 2018, where the chosen title is “Greigy, Robbo, and me” … with its location here in THUPPAHI rather than in CRICKETIQUE marking my appreciation of Tony Grieg’s key role in the Kerry Packer transformation of the cricketing world as well as his sturdy role in protecting Murali from Cricket Australia’s machinations in 1995- 1998 and thereafter …. about which I will say more soon (in repetition of work already in print) Michael Roberts
The Central Recreation Ground, Hastings was where I first saw Tony Greig. I’d heard a lot about him. My cricket chum’s excited description of his debut innings in county cricket earlier in the 1967 season – 156 with 15 fours and two sixes, including one off Brian Statham, over extra cover – had filled me with wide-eyed awe. But Sussex versus Kent in the County Championship was my first sighting.
Lynn Ockersz, in Island 26 December 2018, with this title “Trilingual Wonder”
Voices of the North, Welcoming in unison the Lord’s Coming, In Sinhala, Tamil and English – Marking a ‘First’ for the Land, That by man-made divisions, Had been in the throes of suffering; A Trilingual Wonder we may call this, Thanks to the SL Army’s, Novel Hearts and Minds path to Healing, In recognition that Humanity is the key, To giving a war-wasted country, A New Birth and Beginning.